There are many industries in which foreign investors can open companies in Malta. Among these, the energy industry offers many opportunities for those seeking to start businesses in this country.
The Maltese energy sector falls under the supervision of the Regulator for Energy and Water Services which is in charge of issuing specific licenses for those opening companies in this sector.
Below, our lawyers in Malta explain the requirements for setting up a business for the supply of electricity, gas, steam and air conditioning services.
Registering a company for electricity, gas, steam and air conditioning in Malta
The company registration procedure for a company supplying electricity, gas, steam and air conditioning services must start with the Trade Register in Malta. The limited liability company is one of the most suitable types of structures for such activities.
Our law firm in Malta can guide foreign investors who want to open companies for the supply of electricity, gas, steam and air conditioning.
Laws for the supply of electricity, gas, steam and air conditioning in Malta
The set of laws which must be respected by Maltese companies offering electricity, gas, steam and air conditioning services is quite extensive. Among these laws we remind the following:
- – the Building Regulations Law which provides for the types of building in which such services can be supplied;
- – the Environmental Law which provides for the disposal of waste coming from devices through which air conditioning is supplied;
- – the Technical Guide for the Conservation of Natural Resources, Fuels, and Energy which provides for the supply of electricity and gas;
- – the Energy Law which provides for the distribution of electricity and gas in Malta.
Our Maltese lawyers can offer more information on the legal requirements related to the supply of electricity, gas, steam and air conditioning services.
Types of systems which can be installed by Maltese energy companies
Maltese companies in the energy industry are allowed to install the following systems:
- – air conditioning units;
- – boilers;
- – heat pumps.
For full information and assistance in opening a business on electricity, gas, steam and air conditioning supply in Malta, do not hesitate to contact our law firm.